Genuine Datacard Card Stock for the SD460 ID Card Printer from an Authorized Datacard Reseller.
When selecting plastic cards for your printer, you should consider three factors: Card Material, Card Size and Card Features
- PVC: these cards made with 100% PVC material and are suitable for use with dye-sublimation or direct-to-card ID card printers. They are lower-priced than "composite" cards and typically last about two years.
- Composite Cards (aka PVC/PET Cards): these cards are a combination of PVC and PET (Polyester) material (often 70% PVC and 30% PET) and are stronger than standard PVC Cards. They are able to withstand higher heat without warping which is why we recommend them when re-transfer printing or laminating cards. These cards are also more durable than standard PVC cards and have a longer lifespan so they are also recommended for use with magnetic stripe cards.
- CR-79: these cards are typically used with direct-to-card printers for proximity and technology ID cards. The dimensions of these cards are 3.303 x 2.051 or 83.9mm x 51mm and are relatively common.
- CR-80: these "credit card-sized" and are the most common size of plastic card. The dimensions of these cards are 3.375 x 2.125 or 85.6mm x 54mm.
- CR-90: these drivers license size and are slightly larger than CR-80 cards. These cards are not very common and only a few card printer models are capable of printing to them. The dimensions of these cards are 3.63 x 2.37 or 92 mm x 60mm.
- CR-100: these "government, military, or oversize" cards are being less-frequently used and like CR-90 cards, are only supported by a few card printer models. The dimensions of these cards are 3.88 x 2.63 or 98.5mm x 67mm.
- Magnetic Stripe
- Smart Card