The Evolis Tattoo RW card printer is one of the few card printers available that allow you to print on single-sided re-writeable cards. These types of re-writeable cards are typically used to record data that is not centrally available; example uses might include visitor details on a visitor badge and balance on a membership card or student ID.
With the Tattoo RW printer, data can be updated on a card up to 500 times. Unlike many card printers, this printer does NOT use Dye Sublimation or re-transfer technologies to print on a card but uses special cards that contain a thermochromatic finish that appear/disappear when heat is applied (as such, this printer does NOT utilize a ribbon).
Other key features of the TATTOO RW printer include:
- Direct Thermal printing on re-writeable material (300dpi)
- Manual card input hopper
- CR-80 Cards Only (20-30 mil thickness)
- USB and Ethernet Interfaces
- Optional magnetic stripe and contactless smart card encoders
- 2-year printer and print head warranty (upto 15K passes)