The Evolis Securion card printer is for users requiring the ability to produce cards that are highly secure. More specifically, this printer features card laminating capabilities which allow it to apply virtually any type of film over a card which provides added protection in the form of durability, as well as security. From a durability perspective, cards can be laminated with films that protect it from UV light as well as normal wear-and-tear; for added card security, overlaminate films that feature holograms can be used to reduce card tampering.
The Securion's laminator uses heat transfer to apply varnish or patch film, singled-sided or double-sided (we recommend the use of 0.6 mil patch/film when printing on standard PVC cards). For single-sided color (YMCK) cards, the Securion badge printer can print and laminate cards at 95-120 cards/hour.
Other key features of the SECURION printer include:
- Edge-to-edge, color Dye Sublimation (300dpi)
- Removable 100 card input hopper/ 100 card output hopper
- CR-80 Card Types from 10-50 mil thick
- USB and Ethernet Interfaces
- Optional magnetic stripe, contact and contactless smart card encoders
- 2-year warranty on printer and print head (upto 100K passes)